In this half-day workshop, I teach you everything you need to know about modern web design with progressive enhancement. During the course of the workshop, Aaron will mentor you on best practices as you work together to build a web page from the content out. Whether you are a novice or an experienced professional, you will walk away from this workshop with a greater understanding of what progressive enhancement is and how to implement this philosophy in your own work.
What you’ll learn:
- A greater understanding of semantic markup, including the improved semantics of HTML5
- How CSS parsers work and how you can use their logic to apply advanced CSS (including CSS3) in a layered fashion
- Where concepts like “mobile first” and ”responsive design” fit in with progressive enhancement and your workflow
- How accessibility concerns can be easily factored into your development process
- More about ARIA roles & states and how you can employ them to improve the experience of those using screen readers