In their latest update, Microsoft has gotten pretty damn close to equal pay for equal work. There’s still some work to be done for Latin & Hispanic populations and women in general, but this is progress. And I appreciate the honesty.
Here are the stats for U.S. employees, assuming the same job title and level:
- Women earn 99.8¢ for every $1 earned by a man;
- Racial/ethnic minorities earn $1.004 for every $1 earned by a Caucasian employee;
- African American/black employees earn $1.003 for every $1 earned by Caucasian employees;
- Hispanic/Latin employees earn 99.9¢ for every $1 earned by Caucasian employees; and
- Asian employees earn $1.006 for every $1 earned by Caucasian employees.