I love it when organizations share their strategy. In this case, it’s the UK government’s GDS sharing how they plan to approach accessibility, going forward.
Covered in this piece are:
- Their approach to integrating WCAG 2.2
- How they are changing their approach toward prioritization
- Improvements they are making to accessibility testing
- Their new approach to documentation
Gotta love their guiding principles too:
- The 4 principles of web accessibility help the team to create accessible components and experiences.
- The 7 principles of universal design help the team when making design decisions.
- Progressive enhancement helps the team develop styles, components, patterns and websites that are resilient and accessible across a variety of devices.