The Best of the Internets
This is an excellent discussion of designing from the content out on a real project. Tons of sage advice in here.
Jeremy Keith’s latest book. Free to read on any device you own. Installable as a progressive web app too (naturally).
The Nook returns with stock Android to compete with Amazon’s closed Fire ecosystem.
Ever wonder if websites can track your every move?
This is a nice overview (in French) of how Hopwork handles progressive enhancement in their SaaS product. Their back-end is Java too. It’s nice to see folks talking about how to progressively enhance products in that language; we don’t hear about that often enough.
A nice overview (in Dutch) of why you should combine progressive enhancement with RWD.
As usual, Jason Grigsby nails it:
- Progressive Web Apps still work on iOS
- Progressive Web Apps perform better on iOS
- Billions of people use browsers that support Progressive Web Apps
- Apple appears to be warming to Progressive Web App technology
- Progressive Web Apps benefit all users
Done and done.
This is an excellent post about progressive enhancement from the “technical credit” (as opposed to “technical debt”) point of view.