Next Tuesday I’m planning to take the day to do a little refresh on this site. The largest part of that effort will be moving this project off of Octopress to Jekyll. I’m not expecting it to be a huge challenge—Jekyll underpins Octopress anyway—but I’m sure there are some gotchas I should look out for. If you’ve made the leap yourself in the past and have any advice or recommended reading, please leave a comment or Web Mention.
In case you’re curious why I’m making the shift, it’s pretty simple:
- Octopress development seems relatively stalled;
- Octopress includes dependencies I don’t really need;
- I’ve been writing a lot of Jekyll plugins and maintaining them without using them on the latest Jekyll is challenging;
- I’m comfortable writing my own Rake commands; and
- This is the big one: Incremental builds.
I’m hopeful this shift will make it easier for me to get content published more quickly and more reliably. I may even move my build processes into Travis CI to further offload the work. But I’m getting ahead of myself… let’s see how Tuesday goes first.
No webmentions were found.