User experience begins with content. Period.
The Best of the Internets
I’ve been using VS Code for a few weeks now and I have to admit I’m smitten. I wasn’t really looking for a new editor, but I really like this one. Super light & fast, even with big files.
This is a great roundup of configuration recommendations and keyboard commands from Jon Whiting for getting going with NVDA.
Ah, CSS hacks. I’m surprised folks don’t seem to know what they are anymore.
Scroll is back!
Oddly Zack doesn’t mention paying to get folks involved with the standards-makers like the W3C and ECMA.
I love that Remy wrote this up. Debugging is an art and he nails the process for diagnosing speed issues in this brief post.
In their latest update, Microsoft has gotten pretty damn close to equal pay for equal work. There’s still some work to be done for Latin & Hispanic populations and women in general, but this is progress. And I appreciate the honesty.
Here are the stats for U.S. employees, assuming the same job title and level:
- Women earn 99.8¢ for every $1 earned by a man;
- Racial/ethnic minorities earn $1.004 for every $1 earned by a Caucasian employee;
- African American/black employees earn $1.003 for every $1 earned by Caucasian employees;
- Hispanic/Latin employees earn 99.9¢ for every $1 earned by Caucasian employees; and
- Asian employees earn $1.006 for every $1 earned by Caucasian employees.
This is a really nice round-up of the Edge Web Summit from Kit Kelly. And no, I didn’t pay him for the nice things he said about my talk :-)