I’m so incredibly excited about this! Highlights:
- The accessibility tree is no longer a subtree of the DOM;
- ARIA Landmarks and document structure navigation;
- Proper computing of accessible name & description;
- Improved error validity states;
select, and improvements to all list type elements;
- Keyboard controls for the number field;
- Improved high contrast mode (no more removing background images, instead, the image stays and a solid color is placed behind the text);
- Speech synthesis API;
- An improved caret on Windows Phone when using an external keyboard; and
- So much more.
Couple this with the F12 dev tools enhancements and Narrator’s Developer Mode and it’s pretty clear how committed Microsoft is to accessibility. I’m so glad I work here!